12/2/13

Frozen

Plot: Princess Elsa of Arendelle was born with ice powers. With a single wave of her hand or an icy thought, she has the ability to create snow and ice.
Elsa and her little sister, Anna, would often play with Elsa's wintry creations. It was all fun and games at first, but one day, things got out of hand. Elsa accidentally zapped Anna in the head with her powers. The girls' parents took Anna to some magical trolls and the trolls healed her - but they also erased all Anna's memories of Elsa's powers.
From then on, Elsa was forced to conceal her powers from everyone; only her parents knew of their existence.
But secrets can't be kept for long.
Elsa's powers became stronger over the years and she couldn't contain them much longer.
On the night of her coronation party, Elsa's powers were revealed to everyone. Misunderstood and full of fear, the new queen ran off to hide in the mountains. In her rush, Elsa set off an unintentional eternal winter over the land.
Anna pursues her sister, feeling that somehow everything is her fault. Teamed up with Kristoff and his reindeer, Sven, Anna battles to reach her sister and set things right between them. ...And also convince her to thaw Arendelle and bring back summer before everyone freezes to death...just a minor note.

Thoughts: I just went to see Frozen in theaters last night. I was pretty nervous that it would be a letdown. Wrong! This movie exceeded my expectations by far. It was beautiful, fun, serious, and amazing. I was taken by surprise as the plot took a few turns that were completely opposite from what I expected! I love when that happens.
I gasped two times during two different scenes, laughed a whole bunch, and almost cried once.
As it was a Disney movie, there were lots of songs, but I loved every single one of them. The score music was gorgeous - especially the theme song, 'Vuelie'. I would love to own the soundtrack someday.
I have no negative concerns for this one and, needless to say, I'm really hoping to see it in theaters again.

No comments:

Post a Comment