4/5/14

Spring

Spring has finally arrived on Chestnut Hill. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. (okay. i'll stop quoting Galadriel now ;)

I've been to see my Daisy girl down the road a few times since it's been warmer out. She lets me sit on her back while she grazes, and even walks around a little for me. I love when she gives friendly nickers every now and then when she sees me coming.
Riley, Daisy's paddock pal, hasn't been quite so welcoming to me. He snaps at Daisy to get away from me, nips at me if he's close enough, and even chased me yesterday. That horse scares me. I hate being afraid of horses, because they can sense it. What am I supposed to do with him? He never leaves me and Daisy alone.

Lately, I don't know how to pray. My daddy reminded me a while ago that even when we can't find the words to say, the Holy Spirit knows what our hearts are longing for. He prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. (Romans 8:26) I find myself praying for the same things over and over...I don't know how else to ask. His will be done. I wish there was more I could do than just pray constantly, but only God can change a human heart. There is a helplessness in knowing there's nothing I can do, but there's also a peace. God is in control. He's got us. I need to just leave it to Him.

My mom and I had a strange feeling while in the car the other day. This life is but a dream...a passing thought of the world to come. We don't belong here. And for the rest of that day, all I could feel was my heart saying, "I am ready." Longing to go home. Longing to see my Jesus.

Jesus is coming soon.

I told my parents how I keep hearing people say, "Life's too short." Well, ya know what? Life's too long! I'm only (not even) eighteen, and I'm tired of this world.

What will it be like to live a life without conflict? No pain, no sorrow, no disappointment. Only faith, hope, and LOVE. Can you imagine?

'And now the prize awaits me - the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on the day of His return. And the prize is not just for me but for all who eagerly look forward to His appearing.' ~2 Timothy 4:8

10 comments:

  1. That was great Livvie!
    That is one bad horse, but I know you'll get the best of him one day!
    I know, it's great huh? The King is coming soon! =D
    That means...soon we'll be able to meet!
    Up in heaven of course. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thank you for the encouragement...hopefully one day I'll know what to do with that horse. Any tips? Did you train your own horse?
    I know! My penpal and I have been wanting to meet...but if not here, then in heaven =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I sorta trained my own horse, (with Mom's help) but she got her neck hurt really bad when she was 3ish. (2010 I think) so I couldn't train her much at all, it hurt her head to lift it higher than her chest. She's better now though! =D
    But by the time she got better, about 2 years ago, she had gotten so spoiled she's decided that when she doesn't want me on her back, all she has to do is stop fast and I tumble right off. Which is about every five rides. =P Now she knows when I get nervous. It's so weird how animals can sense fear. Kinda creepy huh? Maybe you could bring a crop (small straight whip) with you when you go to ride? You could try smacking him on the nose when he get's too close, and maybe he'll get tired of it and leave you alone. My mom owns a stallion, and when he gets stinky, or excited, (around mares) she uses her "gruff voice". She lowers her voice and kinda "growls", you might say, for him to behave. And it usually works too! Hope these help! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww poor girl =( Glad she's better now! Wow...that's scary. What a brat!
    I've used the whip before...guess I should start carrying it around again =P I just don't want to provoke Riley and make him more angry. I guess I'm scared he'll come after me even more instead of avoid me.
    Yeah I really need to start being firm with him and show no fear. I know all animals are unpredictable, but I swear, he is the most unpredictable of them all! Gah.
    I'll let you know how things work out. What could happen? I've already been kicked, bitten, and nearly trampled by that beast. Gotta show him he doesn't have the upper hand with me anymore.

    Okay...I think I'm confident now...
    Thank you so much, Megs =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to help Livvie! =D
    Good point though, he might just get mad. My big sister's old horse (not OLD, but she died about 10 years ago) :'( , anyway, she used to chase us, (well, I think she chased us, but maybe we just happened to get into her way at the wrong time) but, when she was coming towards us, we would jump up and down and wave our arms, and she would stop.
    she was a great horse, and never hurt us, but I think she did enjoy giving us a few scares once in awhile. :)
    But don't worry, you'll get the best of him one day! =D
    Now, repeat after me. 'I will conquer Riley. I will conquer Riley...' just make sure you repeat that every time you go to his pasture. ;)
    Keep that confidence running Livvie, you'll win soon! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Megs.....I just remembered that the last time I tried to use the whip for Riley, it made him chase Daisy away too, and it scares Daisy anyway. I don't know what to do! Any other suggestions? I'm so frustrated with that horse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Megs.....I just remembered that the last time I tried to use the whip for Riley, it made him chase Daisy away too, and it scares Daisy anyway. I don't know what to do! Any other suggestions? I'm so frustrated with that horse!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that's not good! I'm sorry you have such a problem with that horse!
    I've looked at different websites about horse problems like that, and a lot of them say that you need to earn his trust. Be careful around him, you don't want him to really hurt you!
    Sorry I'm not much help! =(
    You should try Google-ing about your problem, maybe someone else has had the same problem that was answered? Let me know if you figure anything out! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops...I didn't mean to comment twice!
    No, you are! Google-ing's a good idea...I'll scout around and let you know what I find! =)
    I'm sure I do need to gain his trust (and respect), I'm just lost for how I can do it.

    ReplyDelete