Does anybody else feel strange? Strange as in, trying to remember that you're in reality and half your family isn't home right now. God is teaching me trust and patience. Lord, I know You will get me through the next three and a half days. You will be walking with me every step of the way. Keep encouraging me, Jesus. I'm pretty desperate to break out of this awful sinking feeling.
Listening to: 'Christmas' radio station. Don't ask me why.
Feeling: Cold. It's thirty degrees outside. And it doesn't feel much warmer inside.
Seeing: Our woods dusted in white snow. It snowed a couple of inches on Friday night and the snow stayed.
Sitting: On my bed, laptop between my crossed legs.
Wondering: What in the world this song on the radio has to do with Christmas.
Excited for: My sister coming home for Christmas!
Three more looong days ahead.
Entertainment - lots of new books to read, drawing, movies, 1000 piece Christmas puzzles, texting with my Sissy, keeping my journal updated, games to play with my sibs.
I've really been holding back from wrapping all my hidden presents for my siblings. I hide them in my bureau drawers.
Where do you hide your Christmas presents?
Reason why I can't wrap the presents yet: our tree isn't up, so I have nowhere to put the gifts. We cut down our tree last Sunday and it's been on our front porch (trunk in a water bucket) ever since. For security reasons, I can't tell you why we haven't brought it inside and decorated it.
It hardly feels like Christmas without our tree lit in our living room. More like, it feels as if Christmas already came and went (we always put our tree out on the front porch after Christmas).
Have a nice Sunday!
No comments:
Post a Comment