At the moment, you will find me sitting in the living room of my neighbors' house. I am to be spending the day with their three-year-old boy, Caleb, but he's still in bed. I have his baby monitor on the coffee table at my feet. I am hearing a few small sounds of him moving around, but so far, no talking or whining to get up.
Oh, I hear him making lots of noise...I should go get him up. I hope he'll be happy to see me!
Four and a half hours later.....
I'm back in the living room typing on my laptop. I can hear Caleb making a big fuss over the baby monitor.
He keeps saying, "I don't want this! It's yucky!" He's pounding on the crib and repeating those words over and over. I'm hoping he'll calm down soon enough and get some rest. He's just worn out and grumpy.
Earlier, after he got up, we played with his truck for a while and then he ate breakfast. I then took him for a walk in his stroller, planning to beat the heat. We went to the church down the road and played on the swing-set together. Soon, we came back, watched a short show about machines (gah), and then went outside so he could play in his pool. After lunch, it was story time, and then nappy time. We read books such as, "Good night, Thumper", and "Blueberries For Sal".
I must say, I am enjoying this job thoroughly. Really, though, it's hardly a job, especially because I love spending time with this little boy. He's a dark-blonde, blue-eyed, ball of energy. It definitely keeps me on my feet!
Four more hours until I go home.
Thank you, Lord, for this beautiful little boy and the amazing opportunity you gave me to take care of him.
Four and a half hours later.....
I'm back in the living room typing on my laptop. I can hear Caleb making a big fuss over the baby monitor.
He keeps saying, "I don't want this! It's yucky!" He's pounding on the crib and repeating those words over and over. I'm hoping he'll calm down soon enough and get some rest. He's just worn out and grumpy.
Earlier, after he got up, we played with his truck for a while and then he ate breakfast. I then took him for a walk in his stroller, planning to beat the heat. We went to the church down the road and played on the swing-set together. Soon, we came back, watched a short show about machines (gah), and then went outside so he could play in his pool. After lunch, it was story time, and then nappy time. We read books such as, "Good night, Thumper", and "Blueberries For Sal".
I must say, I am enjoying this job thoroughly. Really, though, it's hardly a job, especially because I love spending time with this little boy. He's a dark-blonde, blue-eyed, ball of energy. It definitely keeps me on my feet!
Four more hours until I go home.
Thank you, Lord, for this beautiful little boy and the amazing opportunity you gave me to take care of him.
Oh Liv, this post was awesome! I love your way of telling your stories....thanks for posting in detail.
ReplyDeleteYou're going to be a great mommy someday. :)
Dear 0livia, You brought me back to my babysitting days. i was right there with you. Loved it and you. Love, Grammy
ReplyDelete